Union Pacific C45AH
The ScaleTrains.com Tier 4 GEVo diesel locomotive is the first model in HO scale and is officially licensed by GE. We worked closely with GE Transportation to ensure every dimension and detail of this modern locomotive is as accurate as possible.
Road Number Specific ScaleTrains
Road numbers: 2571, 2578, 2587, 2610, 2646, 2669
Era: series 2570-2669, built 2015-2016
- Early production engine cab (long hood) with squared exhaust compartment roofline and separate exhaust stack
- Front deck-mounted operating ditch lights
- Battery charging receptacle details on front and rear pilots
- Cab roof PTC antenna farm array
- GE Hi-Ad trucks with separately applied brake cylinders, air plumbing, and rotating axle bearing caps
- See through round-hole stepwell steps
- “Late” front and rear end handrail profile profile
- Nose door without window
- Detailed cab interior with separate floor, rear wall, seats, and control stand
- Tinted cab side windows
- Lost wax brass cast Nathan AirChime K5HLR2 horn mounted on engine cab roof
- Etched metal see-through dynamic brake intake grilles with blower motors visible inside
- See-through dynamic brake exhaust
- 40 individually applied etched metal see-through radiator intake and exhaust grilles on sides and top of radiator compartment
- Accurately profiled frame with separately applied plumbing and cabling.
- 5,300 gallon fuel tank with external waste retention tank
- Dual fuel fills per side with rear fill “blanked”
- Trucolor main color matches: TCP-25 UP Harbor Mist Gray, and TCP-26 UP Armour Yellow
- Six (6) different road numbers
- Directional LED headlights
- Printed and LED lighted number boards
- Tread plate on walkways
- Factory-applied wire grab irons, snowplow, spare knuckles, trainline hoses, 3-hose MU clusters, uncoupling levers, windshield wipers, mirrors, sunshades, air tanks, fuel tank mounted electronic bell, brake wheel and more.
- Semi-scale coupler buffer equipped with ScaleTrains.com durable metal semi-scale E Type knuckle couplers
- All-wheel drive
- All-wheel electrical pick-up
- Dual flywheels
- Motor with 5-pole skew wound armature
- Printing and lettering legible under magnification
- Operates on Code 70, 83, and 100 rail
- Packaging safely stores model
- Minimum Radius: 18”
- Recommended Radius: 22”
DCC & sound equipped locomotives also feature
ESU 4.0 decoder with “Full Throttle”
- Dual cube-type speakers
- Accurate GEVO-12 prime mover and auxiliary sounds, horn, bell, and more
- Operates on both DC and DCC layouts
DCC & sound ready locomotives also feature
- DCC ready with 21-pin connector
Introduced in 2012, General Electric's Tier 4 GEVo Series represents the latest in diesel-electric locomotive technology. The GE Tier 4 GEVo is designed to meet increasingly stringent Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) emissions regulations.
The EPA “Tier” emissions standards are a series, or Tiers, of allowable emissions levels based upon a locomotives’ date of manufacture. The highest and most stringent tier level, Tier 4, sets maximum allowable NOx and hydrocarbon emissions levels for locomotives built for domestic use 2015 onward.
While similar in appearance to previous GE GEVo designs, the Tier 4 models featured a longer frame compared to their predecessors. This allows for a larger radiator “cab” (GE refers to the various sections of the long hood as “cabs”), and a "hump" over the engine cab for advanced exhaust treatment equipment.
Initially, a boxy housing filled the entire roofline on the blue-painted field test/demonstrator units. Due to changes in treatment equipment and clearance issues, the "hump" would decrease in size and shape into a boxy compartment around the exhaust on initial production units. This culminated in an angled compartment surrounding the exhaust manifold on the latest production versions (2016+).
Despite boxier engine cab rooflines and a radically styled radiator cab, the basic Tier 4 design shares a family appearance with GE safety cab-equipped units going back to the DASH-9s of the 1990s. It even includes the same 12-cylinder GEVo-12 series prime mover and 4,400hp as its predecessor model.
The Tier 4 units have proven to be popular with the major railroads including BNSF Railway, Canadian National, CSX Transportation, Norfolk Southern, and Union Pacific. While GE has settled on a basic carbody design to keep production costs down, there are notable variations and detail differences due to customer specifications.
With many units built for railroads across the US and in Canada, the Tier 4 GEVo can be seen operating nationwide in a variety of assignments.
The HO Scale Tier 4 GEVo is made under trademark license from General Electric Transportation.
For the latest delivery date information, visit our new product delivery page.