This product is refurbished and the price reflects a 10% savings from our regular selling price. Some models have minor cosmetic blemishes, which are sold as is on the blemishes or possible damaged packaging. All models are mechanically sound and the warranty is still applicable.
We worked closely with GE Transportation to ensure every dimension and detail of this modern locomotive is as accurate as possible.
Prototype Specific ScaleTrains
- Three (3) different road numbers
- All roadnames share the same common cab, long hood, and walkway
- Current production engine cab (long hood) with angled exhaust compartment roofline
- Front deck-mounted operating ditch lights
- Factory-applied snowplow, nose door with window, horn, air tanks, sunshades, exhaust stack, and brake wheel
- Molded grilles
- 5,300 gallon fuel tank with external waste retention tank
- GE Hi-Ad trucks
- Directional LED headlights
- Printed number boards
- Tread plate on walkways
- Semi-scale coupler buffer equipped with ScaleTrains.com semi scale plastic E Type knuckle couplers
- Same motor and drive train as the Rivet Counter version
- All-wheel drive
- All-wheel electrical pick-up
- Dual flywheels
- Motor with 5-pole skew wound armature
- Simplified printing and lettering legible under magnification
- Operates on Code 70, 83, and 100 rail
- Packaging safely stores model
- Pre-drilled for grab irons, coupler cut levers, MU cables, etc. - available in a separate upgrade kit
- Minimum Radius: 18”
- Recommended Radius: 22”
DCC & sound equipped locomotives also feature:
- ESU Essential Sound Unit & DCC decoder
- Accurate GEVO-12 prime mover and auxiliary sounds, horn, bell, and more
- Operates on both DC and DCC layouts
DC/DCC & sound ready locomotives also feature:
- DCC ready with 21-pin connector
Introduced in 2012, General Electric's Tier 4 GEVo Series represents the latest in diesel-electric locomotive technology. The GE Tier 4 GEVo is designed to meet increasingly stringent Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) emissions regulations.
The EPA “Tier” emissions standards are a series, or Tiers, of allowable emissions levels based upon a locomotives’ date of manufacture. The highest and most stringent tier level, Tier 4, sets maximum allowable NOx and hydrocarbon emissions levels for locomotives built for domestic use 2015 onward.
While similar in appearance to previous GE GEVo designs, the Tier 4 models featured a longer frame compared to their predecessors. This allows for a larger radiator “cab” (GE refers to the various sections of the long hood as “cabs”), and a "hump" over the engine cab for advanced exhaust treatment equipment.
Initially, a boxy housing filled the entire roofline on the blue-painted field test/demonstrator units. Due to changes in treatment equipment and clearance issues, the "hump" would decrease in size and shape into a boxy compartment around the exhaust on initial production units. This culminated in an angled compartment surrounding the exhaust manifold on the latest production versions (2016+).
Despite boxier engine cab rooflines and a radically styled radiator cab, the basic Tier 4 design shares a family appearance with GE safety cab-equipped units going back to the DASH-9s of the 1990s. It even includes the same 12-cylinder GEVo-12 series prime mover and 4,400hp as its predecessor model.
The Tier 4 units have proven to be popular with the major railroads including BNSF Railway, Canadian National, CSX Transportation, Norfolk Southern, and Union Pacific. While GE has settled on a basic carbody design to keep production costs down, there are notable variations and detail differences due to customer specifications.
With many units built for railroads across the US and in Canada, the Tier 4 GEVo can be seen operating nationwide in a variety of assignments.
The HO Scale Tier 4 GEVo is made under trademark license from General Electric Transportation.
ESU Essential DCC & Sound Unit
DCC Ready (DC)
Our Selling Price: $149.99
Our Selling Price: $99.99