Modern 53’ refrigerated containers are the most requested piece of intermodal equipment in N Scale*. Our version of the CIMC 53’ Reefer Container was first produced in the early 2000s and is still common on intermodal trains today. Visually, the CIMC Container is virtually identical to the Hyundai version so we’re offering paint schemes for both manufacturers.
CIMC 53’ Reefer Containers Feature
- First time in N Scale
- Separately applied nose-mounted Thermo-King refrigeration unit and fuel tank
- Highly detailed molded end cage
- 12 different road numbers available
- Stackable with our 53’ Corrugated Dry Container as well as most other brands and types of containers.
- Compatible with 53' Container Chassis
- Fits the bottom well of most currently available 53’ Well Cars
- Four painted door rods
- Factory assembled
- Color matched to Tru-Color Paint off-the-shelf colors whenever possible
- Era: 2000s+
* Based on data collected from Facebook, popular model railroading Internet forums, and modeler feedback since early 2013