Operator HO Scale GE Tier 4 GEVo C45AH, Union Pacific
Introduced in 2012, General Electric’s ET44 GEVO Series represents the latest in diesel-electric locomotive technology. Nearly every Class I railroad in the United States and Canada roster the GE Tier 4 GEVO.
Each Operator HO Scale GE ET44 roadname shares a common cab and long hood configuration. To maximize pulling power, the Operator ET44 utilizes the same motor and drivetrain as its top-of-the-line Rivet Counter series counterpart. The Operator HO ES44 is available DC/DCC Ready with 21-pin connector or with ESU LokSound 5 DCC & sound pre-installed at the factory. All of this starts at just $109.99.
OUR SELLING PRICE: $109.99
OUR SELLING PRICE: $199.99
|Item Number||Road Number||Control & Sound Options||Our Selling Price||Availability||Quantity|
|SXT10461||2674||DCC & Sound Equipped||$149.99||Sold Out|
|SXT10462||2674||DC/DCC Ready||$99.99||Sold Out|
|SXT10463||2683||DCC & Sound Equipped||$149.99||Sold Out|
|SXT10464||2683||DC/DCC Ready||$99.99||Sold Out|
|SXT10465||2709||DCC & Sound Equipped||$149.99||Sold Out|
|SXT10466||2709||DC/DCC Ready||$99.99||Sold Out|
|SXT10955||2677||DCC & Sound Equipped||$199.99||In StockFewer than 12 items available|
|SXT10956||2677||DC/DCC Ready||$109.99||In StockFewer than 12 items available|
|SXT10957||2694||DCC & Sound Equipped||$199.99||In StockFewer than 12 items available|
|SXT10958||2694||DC/DCC Ready||$109.99||Sold Out|
|SXT10959||2725||DCC & Sound Equipped||$199.99||In StockFewer than 12 items available|
|SXT10960||2725||DC/DCC Ready||$109.99||In StockFewer than 12 items available|
Prototype Specific ScaleTrains
- Era: 2016 to present
- Series 2670-2739, built 2016
- Fully assembled
- Multiple road numbers
- Operating LED front deck mounted ditch lights
- Printed and LED lighted number boards
- Directional LED headlights
- Current production engine cab (long hood) with angled exhaust compartment roofline
- GE “nub” tread plate on walkways
- See-through round-hole stepwell steps
- Walkway with front anticlimber
- Wide profile end handrails
- Front nose headlight
- Nose door with window
- Cab with barrel bolt latches on subbase doors
- Cab interior with floor, rear wall, seats, and control stand
- Sand box clean out door with knuckle buster latch and hinge
- Left side dynamic brake cab: tri blower dynamic brake with flush exhaust
- Right side dynamic brake cab detail, door with grille, door with grille, small grille and door with grille
- Nathan AirChime K5HLR2 horn mounted on engine cab roof
- Exhaust stack
- Brake wheel
- Finely molded grilles
- Accurately profiled frame
- AEI tag mounted on right sidesill
- GE Hi-Ad trucks with separately applied brake cylinders
- 5,300 gallon fuel tank with external waste retention tank
- Separate air tanks with lower mounting brackets
- Semi-scale coupler buffer
- Body-mounted semi-scale Type E knuckle couplers
- Same motor and drive train as the Rivet Counter version
- Motor with 5-pole skew wound motor with dual flywheels
- All-wheel drive and electrical pick-up
- Simplified printing and lettering legible under magnification
- Operates on Code 70, 83, and 100 rail
- Packaging safely stores model
- Pre-drilled for grab irons, coupler cut levers, MU cables, electronic bell, and more – available in a separate upgrade kit
- Detail kit available separately (SXT80424)
- Minimum Radius: 18”
- Recommended Radius: 22”
- DCC & sound equipped locomotives also feature:
- Full function ESU-LokSound 5 decoder with “Full Throttle”
- Accurate GEVO-12 prime mover and auxiliary sounds, horn, bell, and more
- Operates on both DC and DCC layouts
- DCC & sound ready locomotives also feature:
- Operate using DC
- DCC ready with 21-pin connector
* Lighting features operate when using an ESU decoder with appropriate programming while operating using DCC
** In DC operation, both front ditch lights illuminate
Introduced in 2012, General Electric’s Tier 4 GEVo Series represents the latest in diesel-electric locomotive technology. The GE Tier 4 GEVo is designed to meet increasingly stringent Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) emissions regulations.
The EPA “Tier” emissions standards are a series, or Tiers, of allowable emissions levels based upon a locomotives’ date of manufacture. The highest and most stringent tier level, Tier 4, sets maximum allowable NOx and hydrocarbon emissions levels for locomotives built for domestic use 2015 onward.
While similar in appearance to previous GE GEVo designs, the Tier 4 models featured a longer frame compared to their predecessors. This allows for a larger radiator “cab” (GE refers to the various sections of the long hood as “cabs”), and a “hump” over the engine cab for advanced exhaust treatment equipment.
Initially, a boxy housing filled the entire roofline on the blue-painted field test/demonstrator units. Due to changes in treatment equipment and clearance issues, the “hump” would decrease in size and shape into a boxy compartment around the exhaust on initial production units. This culminated in an angled compartment surrounding the exhaust manifold on the latest production versions (2016+).
Despite boxier engine cab rooflines and a radically styled radiator cab, the basic Tier 4 design shares a family appearance with GE safety cab-equipped units going back to the DASH-9s of the 1990s. It even includes the same 12-cylinder GEVo-12 series prime mover and 4,400hp as its predecessor model.
The Tier 4 units have proven to be popular with the major railroads including BNSF Railway, Canadian National, CSX Transportation, Norfolk Southern, and Union Pacific. While GE has settled on a basic carbody design to keep production costs down, there are notable variations and detail differences due to customer specifications.
With many units built for railroads across the US and in Canada, the Tier 4 GEVo can be seen operating nationwide in a variety of assignments.
The HO Scale Tier 4 GEVo is made under trademark license from General Electric Transportation.
Operator HO Scale GE Tier 4 GEVo C45AH, Union Pacific