Modern 53’ refrigerated containers are the most requested piece of intermodal equipment in HO Scale*. Our version of the CIMC 53’ Reefer Container was first produced in the early 2000s and is still common today. Visually, the CIMC Container is virtually identical to the Hyundai version so we’re offering paint schemes for both manufacturers. To add to the realism, the single container includes digitally recorded sound.
CIMC 53’ Reefer Containers Feature
- First time in HO
- Digitally recorded Thermo-King refrigeration unit sounds
- Utilizes a 9-volt battery (sold separately)
- Separately applied Thermo-King refrigeration unit and fuel tank
- Highly detailed molded end cage
- Four separately applied door rods
- 12 different road numbers available
- Stackable with our Dry Container as well as most other brands and types of containers.
- Compatible with 53' Container Chassis
- Fits the bottom well of most currently available 53’ Well Cars
- Up to 11 separately-applied photo-etched metal hazmat placard holders in appropriate locations per roadname
- Beautifully decorated, including roof reporting marks, conspicuity stripes, CIMC builders’ logos, and more.
- Factory assembled and ready to use
- Color matched to Tru-Color Paint off-the-shelf colors whenever possible
- Era: 2000s+
* Based on data collected from Facebook, popular model railroading Internet forums, and modeler feedback since early 2013
Operator HO 53’ CIMC Reefer Container